Share the Harvest!
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is an alternative, locally-based model of agriculture in which individuals/families share the risk and benefits of a family farm, or network of farms, by purchasing a “share” at the beginning of the year and receiving a box of produce each week throughout the season.
Food from the Earth offers a similar program with a twist. In our Harvest Share CSA program, folks who want to support our mission are invited to make an investment in our ministry, and in doing so, receive a box of produce and donate produce each week throughout the season. The donated produce goes to clients of the New Path Food Pantry(ies). In addition to fresh vegetables, “Sharegivers” will be invited to enjoy our workdays, potlucks meals, workshops, cooking demonstrations, special events, and worship services.
- Expand distribution of fresh, organic produce, ensuring food access for more food-insecure people in and around Tipp City.
- Engage, educate, and empower teenagers in the community throughout the season with the skills to grow and market food and work together collaboratively.
- Connect urban and suburban people with rural needs and gifts, and vice versa.
- Develop a church-based market for local, organic farmers (as Harvest Share expands, produce will be sourced from surrounding farms, though still packed and distributed by teens).
- Create an innovative and sustainable revenue stream which will allow Food from the Earth to deepen its mission and advance a model of an effective, faith-based community garden.
- Full Share (family of four): $600: about $25/week
- Half Share (one to two people): $300: about $12.50/week
Register before the end of February and receive a Food from the Earth organic cotton T-shirt.
Approximately, April 15 to October 15 (about 6 months). Members will be notified when the season is ready to begin.
An ample and diverse portion of fresh, sustainably-grown vegetables, herbs, melons, and cut flowers.
All produce will be priced and packed according to its comparable retail value at local farmer’s markets.
The Pick Up:
Each week, the boxes of food will be available for pick up from Food from the Earth Garden in Tipp City on Saturday after our community workday between 11:30 and 1:30 p.m. (home or town deliveries only to those who are incapable of coming to the garden). We encourage ”Sharegivers” to join us for the workday and/or the potluck afterwards. The purpose is to fellowship with one another, not merely to pick up a box. We will say a prayer of thanksgiving for the food together before it is distributed and the potluck meal is shared.
**We will drop off produce boxes each week at Ginghamsburg Church for pickup later in the weekend for those who cannot join us for distribution at the garden.
Terms & Conditions
a.) We will do our best to provide fresh produce pickups of the designated crops at the designated times throughout the season which will run, approx.. from April 15 through October 15. However, there is both potential bounty and risk associated with growing food; many variables such as weather, pests (including, sometimes, humans!) and diseases will dictate the outcome of the growing season. Food from the Earth, therefore, cannot be held responsible for inadequate supply, and the volume and diversity of produce will vary over the course of the six-month season. Harvest Share members share the rewards (which include more than just food!) and risks with the Food from the Earth farmers.
b.) To the extent that they are able, all members of Harvest Share are required to pick up their boxes of produce from Food from the Earth every Saturday between 11:30 and 1:30 p.m. or after this time at Ginghamsburg Church before the end of the weekend.
- Members may coordinate with one another to pick up boxes if they are unable to pick up their box every Saturday (i.e. four families who live in the same neighborhood or go to the same church can arrange for each family to pick up boxes once a month). However, each member must come to the garden at least once a month to pick up their box. Choose your dates below.
- Members may contact Food from the Earth by phone or email with at least 24-hour notice if they will not be able to pick up their box, and we will gladly save the box to be picked up at another time or date (however, please do make this a habit). If you do not contact us, your box will be donated.
- Deliveries will be made to those who are not capable of picking up their box from the garden.
c.) To the extent that they are able, all members are required to share the work of growing the produce for at least six workdays throughout the season, which should include joining us for a potluck meal (so bring a dish to share) and, regularly, cooking demonstrations, pizza parties, music, and other forms of fun.
- Full Shares are recommended for families of four or more, Half Shares for individuals and couples.
- Payments can be made in 6 installments by sending signed, post-dated checks. We will deposit each check at the beginning of each month.